January 23, 2012
For all of you who have made disparaging remarks about President Obama, please read the following. I’m sure most of us have read the odd but true comparison of Lincoln and Kennedy, but did you ever consider the relationship between Obama and Lincoln? You might be surprised…
Parallels of Abraham Lincoln and Barack Hussein Obama
- Lincoln placed his hand on the Bible for his inauguration. Obama used the same Bible.
- Lincoln came from Illinois. Obama comes from Illinois.
- Lincoln served in the Illinois Legislature. Obama served in the Illinois Legislature.
- Lincoln had very little experience before becoming President. Obama had very little experience before becoming President.
- Lincoln rode the train from Philadelphia to Washington for his inauguration. Obama rode the train from Philadelphia to Washington for his inauguration.
- Lincoln was a skinny lawyer. Obama is a skinny lawyer.
- Lincoln was a Republican. Obama is a skinny lawyer.
- Lincoln was in the United States military. Obama is a skinny lawyer.
- Lincoln believed in everyone carrying their own weight. Obama is a skinny lawyer.
- Lincoln did not waste taxpayers’ money on personal enjoyments. Obama is a skinny lawyer.
- Lincoln was highly respected. Obama is a skinny lawyer.
- Lincoln was born in the United States. Obama is a skinny lawyer.
- Lincoln was honest, so honest he was called Honest Abe. Obama is a skinny lawyer
- Lincoln saved the United States. Obama is a skinny lawyer.
June 5, 2009
In other words, “Why would anyone EVER use Internet Exploder?
My buddy at work sends me links to articles on MSNBC (or is it PMS-NBC, as Rush calls it?!) that are in his Outlook 2007 RSS feed, which I have deleted. Not that this article is of any importance, but it’s the content of the page. If you look at the two screen shots below, it’s obvious. Internet Exploder is awful at blocking ads; yeah, you can block about 75% of the pop-up and pop-under ads, but you can’t touch the in-line ads. Firefox, especially with the AdBlock Plus add-on, eliminates the pop-up, pop-under and in-line ads from all web pages. Why would you use Internet Exploder for anything except manually running Windows Update? (My answer is “I don’t know either”)
Firefox Screen Shot: Internet Explorer Screen Shot:
March 28, 2009
Oh, yeah! Got the Foxy Tunes plugin installed and working now – not sure why it didn’t work before and I never really investigated it. Now I can add the “listening to” part of the signature to my posts. It pulls the info from Winamp (my music player of choice) and adds it and a link to the song on Foxy Tunes. Gotta love it!
Also, I got rid of the WordPress ALinks plugin. It was slowing down the render time of my blog and of the admin panels of my blog. Plus, the plugin hadn’t had any updates for quite a while and it was showing its age (due to the noticeable slowness). The biggest reason I decided to drop it was that the web site is no longer functional. So I found a different plugin that did the same thing: Automatic SEO Links. It does basically the same thing as ALinks but is MUCH smaller. The web pages seem to render effortlessly, much faster than before.
Listening to: Lynn Allen – Last Night