Wow! It’s really starting to look like a kitchen again! Here’s a rundown of today’s events:
- Painted the splash wall with decent paint made for kitchens and bathrooms. I got two coats on it.
- Installed the microwave. Had to cut the circuit to the overhead lights as they are on the same circuit. (No, I don’t like getting zapped!)
- Trimmed out the window.
- Installed the over-the-sink light. Didn’t have to cut any circuits for this – just turned off the power switch for the light.
- Installed the face plates over the outlets and switches.
- Installed the 1×3 rider that will carry the crown mold.
- KC put wood putty over the errant nail holes.
Tomorrow, we go to church in the morning and our family’s Thanksgiving gathering will be at 1:00pm. I hope to get back home in time to work on the crown mold and finish it up. I’d also like to do the kick plate while I’ve got the air nailer. Here’s the progress in pictures: